Life is easy...if we let it be!!!

Exploring and indulging in the bright and the dark side of human nature through some soul-searching thoughts, drawings and paintings... to understand what makes us happy or sad, gives us a sense of peace or uneasiness, accomplishment or loss, and enables us to overlook or appreciate the simpler things in life.

Welcome all!!! No preaching...no teaching...only thoughts in words and at times through art!

EVERYDAY I LEARN, WHEN I THINK...SO I KEEP THINKING . . . 'CAUSE THATS WHAT WE ARE MEANT TO DO . . . OBSERVE, THINK and DECIDE WHATS RIGHT & WHATS WRONG. . . AND . . . WHAT SHOULD BE LEFT UNTOUCHED!

Monday 13 February 2012

Abstracting and abstract


Abstracting and abstract - both, very difficult subject for me...
As far as Abstract is concerned - Well.. to each his own. My inability to understand it or appreciate it is perhaps my loss... primarily because I don't like it as much, maybe it doesn't appeal to the neurons in my brain. But that doesn't really mean it is any lesser. Its still there. But yes... today, many 'wannabe artists' just start with abstract because they have knowledge of contrasts, colour combination and conflicting shapes..and maybe a little sense of harmony. And is art just about this... thats for each one us to answer in his/her own way. And similarly such works by such artists are taken by patrons who have similar sensibilities. And as George rightly put - What exactly are they abstracting? It is a summary of what?
The journey towards abstract - I am not sure if moving from realism to abstract is a sign of maturity or if its what we call attaining spirituality in the artist's sense. I don't know if moving away from details, proportions, and form, constitutes moving towards abstract... I don't know if the artist is trying to say in as less as possible as he enters the abstract frame of mind...or is it a case where he ultimately doesn't care what the viewer feels when they view the abstract work.
Why alienate from the viewer and try to put in front of him/her only what you feel in terms moods and random structures. Can an artist live without a viewer..without an audience. Artists like to imagine they want to be singularly individualistic... not influenced by how people judge them... but all along they require an audiance...isnt it? I mean... would an artist really work and throw away his works into a dungeon... never to be shown to anybody, because his objective of just venting out his spiritual self in terms of colours and shapes is met! No..it doesn't happen that way... artists are so desperate for audience... mind it... not desperate for appreciation always though... then why alienate the viewer from understanding the work... 
This could clearly be a case of my ignorance finding words here...hence, so many questions.. kind of confused I am!!!
As for myself - I am just in my own journey.. and follow my own tune. Cannot do something just because its in vogue, or because it is what people like or because it sells, or because the intellectuals love to interpret it, fashionable, blah..blah. Sorry! Perhaps I am not an artist at all... just an observer of life and people who come along my way. My works mostly reflect the world as I see it...in real terms...and abrasions in the picture is not the way my mirror reflects!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARTWORK OF THE WEEK!

ARTWORK OF THE WEEK!
The Ray of Hope