Life is easy...if we let it be!!!

Exploring and indulging in the bright and the dark side of human nature through some soul-searching thoughts, drawings and paintings... to understand what makes us happy or sad, gives us a sense of peace or uneasiness, accomplishment or loss, and enables us to overlook or appreciate the simpler things in life.

Welcome all!!! No preaching...no teaching...only thoughts in words and at times through art!

EVERYDAY I LEARN, WHEN I THINK...SO I KEEP THINKING . . . 'CAUSE THATS WHAT WE ARE MEANT TO DO . . . OBSERVE, THINK and DECIDE WHATS RIGHT & WHATS WRONG. . . AND . . . WHAT SHOULD BE LEFT UNTOUCHED!

Thursday 15 September 2011

When a father grows with his son...

When my son was born...little did I realize that it was going to be a lifetime of learning for me again. Its a brand new companionship, a relationship where I will witness tremendous change taking place right in front of my eyes. The first time he looked onto my face and straight into my eyes, as if to say, "baba, now we are three...and I will always be there with thee...". Its a feeling that keeps on growing with each passing day. 

There were times that I could not see him awake for days on...but there was this reassurance that even if I don't see him eating, playing or adding new words to his vocabulary...I will always be his father, his "baba" - a word in his ever-increasing repertoire of words that will always remain with him throughout his life. Of course! I am prepared for the different meanings the word "baba" will take as he grows up into a boy, a teen, a young lad, a boyfriend to someone, husband to the one, a father to more...

"ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ" holds new meaning for me now...there is an overwhelming sense of joy when he speaks out all the seasons, the months in a year, the days in a week correctly. Its as if every day, every month, every season is so fresh and welcoming again...suddenly I am aware of all the fruits and vegetables that he names. 

He is just four now, and it is real fun growing up with him....learning not to speak the words I don't want him to utter, behaving the way I want him to follow and behave...I am learning again...I am growing again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARTWORK OF THE WEEK!

ARTWORK OF THE WEEK!
The Ray of Hope